Energy Efficient Refrigerators
Refrigeration can be the largest consumer of electrical energy in an otherwise efficient home. However, there are several options for the energy conscious home's refrigeration that can be "energy-wise" and economically sound. There are two good options available - a highly efficient electric unit or a propane powered unit. But, with the price of propane rising quickly, we feel that an efficient refrigerator, like a Sunfrost, can pay for itself in a very short period of time!
The Sun Frost Refrigerator is our First Choice when it comes to refrigeration!
WORLD'S MOST EFFICIENT REFRIGERATORS
These simple units are the most efficient refrigerators available today and pay for themselves very quickly. In a home using utility power, energy consumption can be cut by a factor of six. At today's energy rates, this refrigerator makes sense in a home that is on or off the grid!
Sunfrost Energy Saving Features
- The compressor is mounted on top of the unit so it cools efficiently.
- The walls contain 4.5" insulation.
- The small compressor eliminates the annoying "hmmmm" of traditional 'frigs.
- It produces only 16% of the heat of regular refrigerators.
- Adjustable glass shelves are sturdy and easy to clean.
- Smooth walls allow for easy freezer defrosting.
- Choice of custom colors - wood or any Formica color you want!
|Model||Size||White||Color or Wood||Crating Fee|
|RF19||4" Stand||$ 87||$ 124||None|
|RF10-12||13" Cabinet||$ 347||$ 492||$ 30|
|RF16||24" Cabinet||$396||$ 550||$ 30|
Each base has two drawers side-by-side.